It’s here. The 2018 Duxford Soapbox Derby! We know you are all looking forward to the main event this coming Sunday, 2nd September, but before then you can see the weekend’s program of events below:
- Friday 31st August, 18:30:
- Charity quiz, bingo and disco at The Plough
- Saturday 1st September, 20:00:
- Casino night at The John Barleycorn
- Sunday 2nd September:
- 12:00: Children’s race starting and finishing at The John Barleycorn with the winner’s presentation held at The John Barleycorn
- 13:00: Adults race starting at The John Barleycorn and finishing at The Plough with the winner’s presentation held at The Plough
- A map of the race routes can be found here
- 14:30: Raffle and auction at The Plough followed by live music from Tripwire
Raffle tickets are still available throughout the weekend at both venues and Costcutter, Duxford. If you wish to make an online donation to the Soapbox Derby please use our JustGiving page.
Please note that the roads along the race route will be closed from 11.30 am to 2 pm to allow the race to proceed safely. We would like to politely request that, if possible, could cars that are normally parked along the race route be parked elsewhere for the duration of the road closure.